Obituaries

Margaret Simpson
B: 1931-04-08
D: 2020-07-02
View Details
Simpson, Margaret
Kimberly Legary
B: 1968-02-23
D: 2020-06-28
View Details
Legary, Kimberly
Catherine Cliche
B: 1931-04-03
D: 2020-06-22
View Details
Cliche, Catherine
Jean Morris
B: 1924-11-07
D: 2020-06-18
View Details
Morris, Jean
Raymond John Lacroix
B: 1934-03-13
D: 2020-06-17
View Details
Lacroix, Raymond John
Gayle Ann Tunn
B: 1950-04-03
D: 2020-06-05
View Details
Tunn, Gayle Ann
Chester Glysinskie
B: 1942-10-25
D: 2020-06-02
View Details
Glysinskie, Chester
Gabriela Cybulski
B: 1962-08-23
D: 2020-06-01
View Details
Cybulski, Gabriela
Sandra Larocque
B: 1942-08-10
D: 2020-05-31
View Details
Larocque, Sandra
Helen Quigley
B: 1941-02-24
D: 2020-05-29
View Details
Quigley, Helen
Gloria Anita Walker
B: 1936-11-01
D: 2020-05-25
View Details
Walker, Gloria Anita
Marion Edith Lynn
B: 1919-04-02
D: 2020-05-21
View Details
Lynn, Marion Edith
Trevor Lindley
B: 1937-02-20
D: 2020-05-18
View Details
Lindley, Trevor
Gregory William McCauley
B: 1950-12-24
D: 2020-05-16
View Details
McCauley, Gregory William
Shirley Gaudette
B: 1949-11-24
D: 2020-05-15
View Details
Gaudette, Shirley
Lucille Julia Dupuis
B: 1933-10-18
D: 2020-05-10
View Details
Dupuis, Lucille Julia
Samuel George Edwin Alexander
B: 1940-04-23
D: 2020-05-06
View Details
Alexander, Samuel George Edwin
Renate Ternapolski
B: 1945-03-18
D: 2020-05-03
View Details
Ternapolski, Renate
Evelyn Wren
B: 1932-05-11
D: 2020-04-28
View Details
Wren, Evelyn
Mary Grace Bryson
B: 1924-05-04
D: 2020-04-27
View Details
Bryson, Mary Grace
Clarice Dodds
B: 1922-03-05
D: 2020-04-27
View Details
Dodds, Clarice

Search

Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.

Click here to view all obituaries
Search Obituaries
296 Isabella Street
Pembroke, ON K8A 5S9
Phone: 613-735-5711
Fax: 613-735-6228

Our Business History


Inside our Front Door

On May 29, 1963 , 296 Isabella Street was purchased by John Hattin, a funeral director from Bancroft, Ontario. After months of renovations, an open house was held September 24, 1963 and John Hattin and his partner Gene Murphy established the Hattin Funeral Home. In 1971 John Hattin's Funeral Home in Bancroft was consumingmore of his time thus the Pembroke Funeral Home was sold to Gene Murphy. The business become the Hattin-Murphy Funeral Home and soon after, The Murphy Funeral Home. Gene and his wife Lorraine raised their four children Christine, Anne, Michael and Melanie over the Funeral Home while serving the people of Pembroke with outstanding care , compassion and personal service. For many years until his death in 1989, Art Leach assisted Gene in the Funeral Home. Gene and Lorraine were and still are very active in their communn 1999 John and Sandra Huff, with their two children Warren and Jordan, joined Gene and Lorraine and purchased the company. They now operate the The Murphy Funeral Home in the same personal, caring and compassionate way that the Murphys have for over forty years. Service, compassion, integrity and a quiet professional presence have been the hallmarks of the The Murphy Funeral Home

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We are proud of our Funeral Home. The building has been a Pembroke landmark for over 130 years. As renovations take place, we are ever mindful to the design and period of it's Victorian charm. The renovation of our front entrance with it's leaded glass enhancement, typical of the doorways of the time and the addition of period lighting down the hallways are examples of blending with tradition.

As aesthetically pleasing as tradition is, we take pride in our ability to be innovative leaders in a constantly changing and demanding profession. Our unwavering desire is to provide personal attention, care and commitment to every family we serve.

 

Arrangement Office

From traditional to tribute we are here to guide you through the experience of the death of a loved one in meaningful and comforting ways. We have been caring for our community since 1963.

 

 

Our Front Foyer Fountain Visitation Room Entrance

Front View of our new addition

 

Our Newly renovated Front Entrance.